WESTCONNEX M4-M5 LINK
SUBMISSIONS CLOSING OCTOBER 16
The P&C has made the above submission (click on the link) to object to the plans for the M4-M5 Link.a
Here are some suggested points to make in your submission:
* It is not appropriate or in the public interest for a construction site for Australia’s most significant road project to be located approximately 200m from a large primary school where more than 600 students are moving to and from the school every weekday
* The Parramatta Road West civil and tunnel site is proposed to include tunnel excavation as well as stockpiling of excavated material and spoil haulage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which will have significant noise and air quality impacts for surrounding residences as well as students and staff of the school
* The light vehicle and heavy vehicle traffic associated with Option B (including over 140 heavy vehicle movements per day) would create real and significant safety risks for school children and their parents in travelling to and from the school during school drop-off and pick-up times
* The proposal would lead to long term significant traffic impacts along Bland Street particularly light traffic movements going to and from the civil site entrance/exit on Bland Street, and likely loss of parking near the school due to construction vehicles parking along local roads
* The dust associated with the demolition work on the Muirs sites followed by the tunnelling and spoil haulage activity will increase the risk of respiratory illness in our children
Trivia Night – Saturday 18 November
Tickets go on sale 18 September at 7pm. The first 3 full tables (10 people) sold will win prizes!
Book your babysitters now and get ready to let your hair down for a night of trivia, games, food, drinks and prizes!
Tickets are $50 and include dinner provided by local Haberfield pizzerias.
Once again we have tables/teams of 10 so start working on your team now! If you don’t have a team it’s not a problem, we will find the perfect one for you!
This year we are having an optional theme: Hollywood! If you are keen, come dressed as your favourite actor orTV/movie character. Prizes for best dressed will be up for grabs.
Jason Montgomery from Trivia Master Australia will once again host the event. Between the fun-filled trivia rounds there will be live and silent actions and new and exiting games.
Huntington Estate has come on-board to to be the sole wine provider for the evening.
Yong Henrys will also be supporting the event by providing the beer.
Questions? Contact Jennifer – firstname.lastname@example.org